One of my most used commands is Trimming. Let's see how to activate it with the keyboard. First, switch to the modify tab and hover with your mouse over the trim tool. You can see a box showing brief explanation of the Trim/Extend to Corner Tool. Notice the shortcut between brackets (TR).
- Click the Revit icon at the top left corner to open the main menu
- Then, click the 'Options' button at the bottom of the menu
- On the Options box, switch to 'User Interface' Tab and click 'Customize Keyboard Shortcuts'
- On this window, search for the command you want, 'TRIM'
- Select the command from the list and assign or add to existing shortcuts by typing the letters you want, then Click 'OK'
Note: If you assign a single letter shortcut, like 'J' for example, you'll need to press J, followed by Space-bar to activate the shortcut. On the other hand, shortcuts that are of two or more letters, Like 'TR' or 'TTR', require nothing but pressing the assigned letters "You do not need to press Space-bar or Enter to activate the shortcut".